• This mystical journey of a mother finding—and fighting for—her daughter offers so much more than hope.” Its' every turn constructs a convincing argument for a guiding hand. Her rocky path during the final years of Indira Gandhi’s Regime; meeting and wrestling with Mother Teresa…..I couldn’t put it down. I felt I was sitting by a fire, captive to the truth of a tale told by a born storyteller.”
—Jennifer Gibbs/Award winning playwright, author, and screenwriter
• "A poet and friend of trees has written a warm-hearted, little book (Singapore Green) about our Botanic Gardens, giving its history and the most comprehensive guide to date to the 34-hectare garden."
—Richard Lim/The Straits Times
• "Journalist and longtime Singapore resident Bonnie Tinsley has come up with a comprehensive, practical and invaluable book on Singapore’s oldest national park that serves not only as a guide to the Gardens, but makes good, straight-forward reading anytime."
—Haajiraini Hamdi/Check In Singapore, The Singapore Hotel Association
• "No one doubted that the Singapore Botanic Gardens had a rich history, but what was that history…..? Answering that question was made a lot easier by the fact that in 2009, upon the Gardens’ 150th anniversary, a book celebrating its history had been published, namely Bonnie Tinsley’s admirable Gardens of Perpetual Summer."
—Nigel P. Taylor/Director SBG, Gardenwise on the occasion of the Gardens being named a
UNESCO World Heritage Site
• "Individuals like…..Washington-born Bonnie Tinsley, with her Singapore Green, an attractive history of Singapore’s Botanic Gardens, have made lasting contributions to the local heritage."
—Ilsa Sharpe/The New Yorker, advertisement from Singapore Tourist Promotion Board
• "I’ve worked with many writers, here and in America, and you are a real boon to an editor: a writer who speaks with a warm, human voice in prose that is lively and needs hardly any editing."
—Mal Oettinger/Editor, SPAN Magazine, New Delhi
Copyright © 2020 BonnieTinsley - All Rights Reserved.